In a recent interview, Nollywood actor Enyina Nwigwe opens up on acting roles that might require him to portray the role of a homosexual man.
enyinna-nwigwe4
In one of such controversial movies, title Games Men Play Reloaded, he admitted getting a few negative reaction from people for playing the role of a gay man.
Hear him:
“It doesn’t get to me. Yes, I got a couple of funny hints from the community that I must be one of them. I don’t have a problem with that. I was just interpreting a role. But it’s only natural that if the gay community finds you attractive, they would come after you. Having said this, I have not been stigmatised whatsoever.”
When asked how he was able to successfully play the role, he says:

“It was tricky, but the thing is that as an actor, you should learn to zone out and compartmentalize, which is exactly what I did. I took myself out of who I was and became the character I was playing. The moment you are able to figure this out, those things you call challenges do not exist because you are living the character at the moment until you switch back tom yourself.”

 
Top